this is me...

this is me...
it's a cartoon, because i'm drawn much hotter than if you saw me not drawn.

Thursday, August 26, 2010

NOT for the Weak-Stomachs...

Well, for those that have been asking, yes, I am having a bariatric surgery to lose weight.  And now I have a tentative date for the surgery...pending insurance approval and such.  October 12, Tuesday, is the day.  I have included a diagram of what I am getting done.  It's called the gastric sleeve.  They vertically sleeve your stomach to only hold 1.5 to 2 ounces of food and then REMOVE the remaining stomach.  This means the surgery is 100% NON-reversable. 
BEFORE PHOTO, exaggerated

I truly desire your prayers for me during this time.  The last time I remember weighing 151 lbs. was when I was in the FIFTH grade.  So, this is definitely going to be a BIG life change for me.  I am excited and scared all at the same time.  I can't wait to start a healthy life with my family.  I truly have a shot at RESOLVING my diabetes and high blood pressure altogether.  How awesome is that?!  And, don't worry.  I will keep you updated with before and after picture stories galore.

BEFORE PHOTO, somewhat normal
Thanks for reading.  Thanks for caring.  Thanks for praying.

2 comments:

  1. hey girl hey. I'll interact with you in blog world since we both don't seem to have time (or the necessary proximity) to interact with each other in the real world.
    I didn't know about this surgery, but I'm pumped for you and saying some prayers.
    Keep me posted. Let me know if you need anything in the recovery time.
    And, I need to meet Duncan McCloud.

    Love and miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Candace, I love that you are doing this for all the right reasons. I know you are already an amazing mother, but I'm sure the energy and lift in spirits this operation affords will just put you over the top! I pray that God continue to guides you and your medical team through this time. ROCK ON!!!!

    ReplyDelete